Thursday, July 2, 2015

Victoria Ubani - Face of Niger Delta 2014 bares it all


Its a bright day, not only the sun is shining, Victoria Ubani too, looking like gold from fire, she exudes inner joy and happiness with herself like someone who has no worries at all. 

Her relaxed state of mind depicts her readiness to digress and address every question appropriately.
Eight months ago, stardom beckoned on her when she beat eight (8) other damsels to emerge the Face of Nigeria's oil producing region, in the contest for the Face of Niger Delta Cultural Pageant 2014. Hitherto, she was just a girl with tall acting dreams, and had clinched a role in a Nollywood blockbuster a few years back.
Meet her;

Full names: Ubani Victoria
Place of origin: Abia state
Likes : Easy going people,Honesty and Humility
Dislikes : pride,Injustice and Violence
Hobbies: Traveling,Surfing the net and Cooking

Educational background
Graduate of the University Of Port Harcourt
Course of study
Linguistics and Communication Studies
Role models: Agbani Darego and Opral Benson

Her Story
Why did you enter for the Face of Niger Delta contest? 
To help build my confidence, and to help face my fear by fulfilling my child hood dream of becoming a queen and making an unforgettable impact.

Did you think you will emerge a winner?
I never did, I was de-motivated at some point but still gave my best which eventually paid off.

How is life as a crowned queen?
Wow. Life as a queen...it's a dream come through I must say,it's been full of  fun,joy,hope but also tasking.
It's more like laugh,learn,brainstorm and work at the same time which I have been able to manage.

What has changed about you?
Everything. Even though I try to be very simple and reserved.
Lately, I find myself on red carpets, granting interviews, encouraging children, attending women conferences and corporate functions.

What was the star prize?
(Laughs) I won One million naira, A brand new KIA Rio salon car and a trip to S.A

Talk about your pet projects?
I ran a War against Violent Elections Campaign in the Niger Delta. It was birthed in Uyo, capital of Akwa Ibom.
Beyond the elections, my project is basically on Education, I call it 'Education is key to human capital development'. Sensitizing youths, especially the girl child, on the need to acquire education. This I do by going on tour of secondary schools & universities to admonish them, also with the distribution of thousands of exercise books.

What else do you have up your sleeves?
I just graduated from the university; I am expecting my call up letter to serve my father land at national level through the Nigerian Youth Service Corps. After which I will consider several acting roles which have been coming my way.

What is it you hope to achieve as a queen?
As a member of African Women in Leadership Organisation, I wish I can be the reason why thousands of kids beyond Nigeria can smile, irrespective of their background, Colour and Country.
Talk about African Women in Leadership Organisation
I was inducted into African Women in Leadership Organisation. It is an association of women who share a common vision of impacting in the lives of women and young girls in their immediate society. You can check them out online. 

What are your dreams and aspirations in life?
To become a famous actress and own the biggest charity organization.
What is next in line for you?
The next stop is Miss Nigeria, afterwards, I plan to build up my own pageantry for young girls, which I hope to achieve soon by God's grace.







No comments:

Post a Comment